The Gitzo Series 1 Basalt 3-Section Tripod features the 6X carbon fiber tube, made of a unique structure of 6 crossed layers that maximizes rigidity, vibration absorption and lightweight performance. 6X tube has a high density structure made of top quality ultra-thin carbon fibers (7mm or 0.007 mm).
Built-in Anti Leg Rotation is now a feature of the whole carbon fiber range. Mountaineer tripods have been further improved with features and details that increase performance, versatility and quality.
- Ground Level Set: allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. Uses existing components: the upper disc with reversible 1/4 - 3/8 bolt and the column hook assembly: Remove column and fix the disk directly to the upper casting using the column hook.
- G-Lock: is the Gitzo leg locking system. The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. It provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Rapid Column: The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability.
- Reversible Column: The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Hook: This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with long heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.
- Leg Ends: All tripods and monopods in Series 1 & above are provided with removable rubber feet. This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes.