The Gitzo Series - 3 Basalt 3-Section Tripod features the new 6X carbon fiber tube, made of a unique structure of 6 crossed layers that maximizes rigidity, vibration absorption and lightweight performance. 6X tube has a high density structure made of top quality ultra-thin carbon fibers (7m or 0.007 mm). Built-in Anti Leg Rotation is now a feature of the whole carbon fiber range.
- Ground Level Set: Feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. Uses existing components: the upper disc with reversible 1/4 - 3/8 bolt and the column hook assembly
- G-Lock: The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Locks special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Rapid Column: The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability
- Reversible Colum: The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Hook: This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with long heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions
- Leg Ends: This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes
- Power Disc: The new tripod upper disc is called "Power Disc". It is made of machined solid aluminum and it now features two locking screws, one to lock the head, the other to safely lock the disc onto the column