A slim and stylish device for creating 360° spherical imagery, the white Theta SC from Ricoh records both still images and Full HD 1080p30 video. The unique, dual-lens design makes use of two 12MP 1/2.3" sensors, which output 14.4MP stills and support a total sensitivity range from ISO 100-1600 for working in a broad variety of lighting conditions. Automated exposure control is available for both stills and video recording; however, manual exposure control can be used in photo mode for selecting shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec. or down to 1 min. Additionally, HDR Composite and Dynamic Range Compensation modes enable a broader dynamic range to better retain highlight and shadow detail, a self-timer mode can be used for creative selfies, and interval shooting is possible for making time-lapse sequences.
In addition to the imaging capabilities, the Theta SC also sports enhanced sharing capabilities, including the ability to wirelessly share both movies and photos to a mobile device for posting online. Built-in Wi-Fi also enables remote live view and camera settings adjustment from your smartphone or tablet. The Theta SC also has an internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery as well as 8GB of storage for saving imagery.
- Unique, twin-lens design incorporates lenses on the front and back of the camera to enable full 360° spherical imagery to be recorded with each exposure. Each lens has a fixed aperture of f/2 to benefit working in low-light conditions, and each lens has a fixed focus range of 3.9" to infinity to render nearly all subjects in focus.
- Dual 12MP 1/2.3" image sensors provide an interpolated 14.4MP output in order to produce stills with a 5376 x 2688 equirectangular resolution.
- Full HD movie recording is supported at 1080p30 (16 Mbps) as well as HD 720p15 (6 Mbps), and clips up to 5 minutes long can be recorded at a time.
- Auto, Manual, Shutter Priority, and ISO Priority exposure modes are available for stills shooting, and auto exposure mode is available for video recording.
- A sensitivity range of ISO 100-1600 is available for all recording modes to benefit working in a variety of lighting conditions.
- When shooting stills, shutter speeds ranging from 1/8000 sec. to 1 minute are possible in manual mode. Speeds up to 1/8000 sec. and down to 1/15 sec. are possible in video mode.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to connect to a mobile device or tablet in order to gain a live view image, adjust camera settings, and wirelessly transfer stills and video for instant sharing online. A dedicated Theta+ app is available for editing spherical stills, and a dedicated Theta+V app is available for editing spherical videos.
- Spherical imagery can be uploaded to the Theta 360 website and shared to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr or posted to Google Maps, Google+, and YouTube. The Theta SC employs the Google-supported Open Spherical Camera API for full compatibility with Google services, including the ability to publish your photo spheres on the Google Street View app for others to explore.
- A 1/4"-20 tripod mount is incorporated into the bottom of the camera body for increased stability.
- Integrated lithium-ion battery offers approximately 260 shots per charge, and it can be charged via the included USB cable.
- Internal 8GB memory can store approximately 1600 full-resolution stills or approximately 63 minutes of 1080p video.