• The Gitzo G-1258G 6X Carbon Fiber Performance Tripod uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved 1.5" tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
• The G-1258G is a remarkably rigid tripod capable of holding most 35mm & medium format gear and even most lighter field 4x5 cameras. The build quality, ergonomics and precise geared height djustment column are from the best in the industry.
• The Seies 1 tripods are constructed using a "screw thread and adhesive" dual jointing technology called "H.I.S." (Hybrid Interconnecting System), pioneered by Gitzo. This construction technique provides greater strength and stability to the tripod.
• There is also a Redesigned built-in, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column that provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as a camera, sand or water bags.
• The precise geared height adjustment column allows you to quickly and easily set your tripod at exactly the right height, even as you look through the viewfinder at your subject. The ergonomic design of the height adjustment system allows the photographer to adjust and lock the geared center column using only one hand.