From Evolution to Revolution
Smartly designed for more than podcasting, the Rode RODECaster Pro II integrated audio production studio expands on the success of its predecessor with enhancements in sound, connectivity, and adaptability, pushing its feature set into attractive territory for live streamers, gamers, and musically inclined content creators. This all-in-one solution makes advanced effortless with fluid workflows via a large touchscreen and tactile controls, studio-quality onboard processing, multitrack recording and mixing, assignable sound pads, and extensive customization. Produce and mix on the fly in just moments, with up to four microphones, music, prerecorded segments, and remote guests on calls, all going on at once.
Version II Upgrades
- Premium boutique-class preamps with a ground-up redesign and mic/line/instrument combo inputs
- Customizable mixer with RGB color coding
- Extensively programmable SMART pads for launching sounds, shows, mixer actions, and more
- iOS-ready dual USB Type-C ports to connect multiple computers or mobile devices
- Advanced high-quality Bluetooth input/output, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet
4 High-End Preamps
- Built to compete with pricey, boutique microphone preamplifiers, the Revolution preamps deliver transparency and detail with ultralow noise (just -131.5 dBV) and incredible gain up to 76 dB, which enables ideal recording levels, even for low-output dynamic mics—no mic boosters, lifters, or normalization needed.
- Pro-grade Neutrik XLR-1/4" combo jacks provide connection points for microphones (+48V phantom power is available for condenser mics), line-level sources, or instruments such as electric guitar and bass. Pairs of the analog input channels can be linked to easily record stereo mic setups, synths, DJ mixers, or outboard gear.
- Authentic emulations of classic APHEX hardware processors are onboard—Aural Exciter elevates clarity and sheen, Big Bottom adds warm and deep low-frequency punch, and Compellor glues it all together with compression/leveling—as well as other widely used processors including a reverb, delay, pitch shifter, equalizer, high-pass filter, noise gate, de-esser, robot effects, and more
- Use the VoxLab editor to quickly manipulate parameters on several processors via three intuitive controls, or access the advanced editor (on-screen or with a computer) for intricate editing. Use presets, save your own presets, and load them at any time to immediately call up your favorite settings.
8 Programmable SMART Pads
- In place of the original model's sound pads, the RODECaster Pro II has programmable SMART pads. Each SMART pad can trigger audio files such as music or sound bites, activate special effects, send MIDI commands to software or hardware, or execute mixer functions like fades, music ducking, and bleeping.
- Bank switching buttons beneath the pads allow easy access to eight banks for a total of 64 unique actions.
- Select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Customizable Multichannel Mixer
- The 9-channel mixer features 6 channels with full-size broadcast-quality physical faders and three virtual channels, with the option to expand via digital hosting and hardware integrations with future updates.
- Physical faders and virtual channels are freely assignable to the four analog inputs, USB and Bluetooth interfaces, and SMART pads.
- Each channel offers a pan control, mute button, and listen button (pre- or after-fader solo). With channel-specific color coding on the RODECaster Pro II, you're assured fast identification of your sources.
Stereo or Multitrack Recording
- Record stereo or individual multitrack files to a microSD card or USB storage such as an external drive.
- Choose uncompressed WAV format for maximum audio quality or MP3 format to save storage space and extend recording time.
- Use the RODECaster Pro II as a high-quality USB audio interface to stream/record to a computer with ultrafast data transfer.
- RODECaster Pro II runs at 24-bit / 48 kHz, the industry standard for video production.
Monitoring for All
- Four high-powered 1/4" headphone outputs provide clear personal monitoring for the host and up to three guests.
- Separate color-coded volume controls let all participants easily control their own headphone levels.
- Connect a pair of active speakers to the 1/4" line outputs if you need to amplify your content to a live audience, or go wireless and monitor through a Bluetooth speaker to check the mix on an alternate system.
- Selectable high or low sensitivity optimizes the gain structure of the headphone outputs, so you can set headphone levels easier.
- Producer talkback mode lets you communicate with guests without affecting the recording.
- Equipped with advanced Bluetooth connectivity, the RODECaster Pro II can be used for ultrahigh-quality phone-call integration, crystal-clear audio streaming, wireless monitoring, and more.
- Mix-minus on the Bluetooth and USB channels prevents the person on the other end of the call from hearing a distracting echo, making the RODECaster Pro II great for remote and local guests in your podcast.
- Save multiple Shows containing all of the RODECaster Pro II's settings, an ideal way to instantly switch between types of productions such as podcasts, live streams, and game commentary. Tailored presets for Rode microphones and other popular models help you get great sounds in a hurry.
- The 5.5" color touchscreen with haptic feedback and automatic brightness adjustment, and tilted for optimal viewing. Next to the touchscreen, a rotary encoder is placed for efficient navigation and control.
- Dual USB Type-C interfaces allow two computers or mobile devices to be connected simultaneously, unlocking great options for everything from remote podcasting to organizing complex streaming setups.
- An internal 1.5 GHz quad-core audio engine delivers significant processing power and unlocks huge potential for future updates.
- Bidirectional MIDI communication allows excellent integration with DAWs and streaming software.
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections offer high-speed communication with computers and other devices for updating firmware wirelessly, software and hardware integrations, and more.
- The USB connections are MFi-certified for seamless integration with iOS devices such as iPads.
- Power the RODECaster Pro II via the included AC adapter or through USB Type-C PD (30W).
- Ready for global use, the unit has 10 languages—English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Hindi.
- RODECaster Pro II is fully updatable for continued evolution with new firmware that will be available to all users via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or USB.
- Protect your RODECaster Pro II with the optional RODECover II, a tough polycarbonate cover that guards it against debris, dust, and spills.
- Mounting options include a 3/8" female thread for various stand types and VESA mounting holes.
- Rode RODECaster Pro II Integrated Audio Production Studio
- USB Type-C Power Adapter
- AC Power Cable
- SC27 USB Type-C to USB Type-C Cable