Mixing a comfortable wide-angle design with an ultra-fast maximum aperture, this 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is a 24mm-equivalent prime for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens is adept at working in low-light conditions, and also affords increased control over depth of field for selective focus control. The optical design makes use of several low dispersion and aspherical glass elements to control color fringing and various aberrations in order to provide high sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture range. Individual elements also feature Sigma's Super Multi-Layer Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Benefitting the optical assets, this lens also sports a stepping AF motor for quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance that suits both still photography as well as video applications. Additionally, a weather-sealed, durable construction enables this 16mm f/1.4 to excel in inclement weather conditions.
- A wide-angle prime, this 16mm f/1.4 is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords greater focus control for producing shallow depth of field effects.
- The optical design incorporates three FLD elements, two SLD elements, and two molded aspherical elements to help reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy from edge to edge.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and splash-resistant design permits this lens's use in trying weather conditions.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The outside of the lens barrel is also engraved with the year of production.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.