Characterized by an uncompromising design, the Nikon F-mount Otus 100mm f/1.4 ZF.2 from ZEISS is a short-telephoto apochromat featuring a refined construction to excel in a variety of shooting situations. The portrait-length focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to afford extensive control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques, and it also benefits shooting handheld in low-light conditions. Suited to shooting at a variety of working distances, a Sonnar optical concept is employed, along with a floating elements system, to retain high sharpness and contrast throughout the focusing range. Additionally, a series of aspherical and low dispersion glass elements are also used to reduce distortion, color fringing, and aberrations for a well-corrected image quality. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Otus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable anodized metal lens barrel surface along with engraved focusing scales and distinctive high-visibility yellow paint.
- Short-telephoto prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 150mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Sonnar optical concept suits the combination of a large maximum aperture and long focal length, and also contributes to notable sharpness, well-controlled flare, and high contrast.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes nine anomalous partial dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- One aspherical element controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 3.3' to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales, which are filled with a high-visibility yellow paint, along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.