A prime medium telephoto characterized by its apochromatic designation, the Canon EF-mount Milvus 135mm f/2 ZE Lens from Zeiss features a bright maximum aperture along with a sophisticated optical design. The Sonnar design utilizes four anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to nearly eliminate chromatic aberrations and other distortions for clean, well-corrected imagery. A floating elements system is also used, for consistent performance throughout the focusing and aperture ranges, in order to achieve even sharpness and clarity. An enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 135mm f/2 lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF-mount DSLRs, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 216mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers extensive control over depth of field.
- Apochromatic Sonnar optical design utilizes four anomalous partial dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity, sharpness, and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent performance when working with both close-up and distant subjects.
- Enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.