ABOUT the Fujifilm XF56mmF1.2 R WR Lens:
Every aspect of XF56mmF1.2 R WR has been precisely engineered to deliver images with clarity and detail. The optical design, which incorporates a focusing group comprised of aspherical and ED elements, minimizes chromatic and comatic aberrations. It also reduces the curvature of the image plane at close range, which means the reduction in close focusing distance from 70cm (27.56in) to 50cm (19.69in) will have little to no effect on overall image quality, despite the shorter distance from the lens to the subject. Offering an equivalent 35mm focal length of an 85mm lens, its fast maximum aperture delivers both precise control over depth-of-field as well as beautiful bokeh effects, while its optical construction produces high resolution, aberration-free results packed with detail and color. Harness the versatility of Fujifilm’s latest X-Trans sensor in this new lens and unleash your creativity.
FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R WR LENS FEATURES:
• Engineered for portrait perfection, ready for the main stage The high-resolution stage is set and XF56mmF1.2 R WR is ready to perform. Its fast, maximum aperture delivers precise control over depth-of-field and ensures beautiful bokeh effects, while its optical construction produces high resolution, aberration-free results packed with detail and color. Perfect for portraits, weddings and any other creative applications demanding precise control over depth-of-field, XF56mmF1.2 R WR delivers incredible image-resolving performance down to its minimum focusing distance of 50cm (19.69in), making it an ideal portrait lens, but also great for other applications within table-top, product and commercial photography.
• Exceptional image quality, frame after frame Every aspect of XF56mmF1.2 R WR has been precisely engineered to deliver images with clarity and detail. Its optical construction comprises 13 elements in eight groups, including one ED and two aspherical elements. The eight elements used in the focusing group take high-refractive technology from FUJINON Cinema Lenses to minimize chromatic, spherical, and comatic aberrations. This helps minimize light bleed within highlights, boosting image quality and subject detail in the process.
• Circular aperture delivers beautiful bokeh XF56mmF1.2 R WR is the first X Mount lens to feature 11 diaphragm blades, which results in a clean, almost perfectly circular aperture, even at F4 or F5.6. The result is a clean edge along a highlight, with minimal aberrations and distractions, that is especially pleasing when it is out of focus. This means there is no comparison to the results of XF56mmF1.2 R WR when it is used wide open. Images have a level of clarity and detail that is only matched by the wonderfully smooth bokeh found in areas with shallow depth-of- field. Busy backgrounds melt away from their subjects and create a unique, isolating effect not easily achieved with any other lens.
• Optimized handling keeps the focus on creativity The aperture ring on XF56mmF1.2 R WR features an “A” position lock to prevent unwanted movement of the aperture ring, while also enabling control of the lens’s aperture setting through using a command dial on an X Series camera body. Manual focus control has also been optimized to make achieving accurate focus simple and easy. This is particularly useful when making images with minimal depth-of-field. Lastly, the DC autofocus motor minimizes friction, resulting in focus being achieved quickly and accurately.
• Stay creative in all conditions Creativity never stops, and neither does XF56mmF1.2 R WR. It uses nine rubber seals to keep it protected from dust and moisture, while also maintaining full functionality in temperatures as low as -10°C (14°F). The fluorine coated front element, meanwhile, is designed to repel water, fingerprints, and other marks to help keep image quality high when the weather turns against you.