Equivalent to a full-frame 71mm focal length, the XCD 2,5/90V moderate telephoto lens is perfect for close-up portraits or still life. Its focal length coupled with a large f/2.5 aperture creates a beautiful soft bokeh effect that highlights the subject. When using the XCD 2,5/90V lens, the narrow aperture and leaf shutter blades can create Hasselblad's hallmark eight-point starburst effect on bright light sources. With its compact optical design, small and lightweight focusing module, and optimised leaf shutter, XCD 2,5/90V weighs only 551g, 11 percent lighter than XCD 3,2/90.
Precision Optics, Outstanding Imagery
- Capturing the most subtle nuances of light and shadow begins with the lens. Only with excellent resolution and color reproduction can it provide a solid foundation for imaging. A medium format sensor has a large area and a high pixel density, posing stringent requirements for the precision of the lens. Starting with the selection of high-quality glass, Hasselblad engineers carefully grind each lens to perfect its optical quality and meet the resolution requirements of 100 million pixels.
- The XCD 2,5/90V lens features nine elements in six groups, including one ED element and one specially made large-diameter aspherical element. With a thoughtfully crafted arrangement, the lens has not only a compact size but is also able to deliver an apochromatic effect for accurate colour correction. Combining XCD 2,5/90V with a Hasselblad mirrorless medium format camera yields stunning results.
New Focusing Module: Fast, Light, Accurate
- The upgraded focusing module adopts a linear stepping motor and a lighter, smaller focusing lens group. These changes effectively eliminate any backlash from the lens group moving and, coupled with the PDAF technology of the X2D 100C, mean the focusing lens group can quickly reach the focusing position and achieve a precise stop. Resulting in fast, flexible, and accurate focusing.
Smaller Leaf Shutter, Powerful and Professional Assistance
- The leaf shutter is a powerful component in Hasselblad's medium format system. The XCD 2,5/90V lens is equipped with an upgraded large aperture leaf shutter that, while smaller, maintains the same precision performance as its predecessors and is fast and quiet to avoid disturbance when shooting. In addition, it captures at up to 1/4000s, the fastest among medium format lenses,1 and delivers flash synchronization at all speeds.
A Familiar Yet New Industrial Aesthetic
- XCD 2,5/90V is a precision-crafted metal lens with a focus ring and a newly added control ring. Both rings are delicately engraved with a Hasselblad "H" logo print. The design is created using a precise 0.3mm drill bit and is a nod to the memorable look of the HC/HCD lenses. Whether paired with X-system or 907X cameras, this new lens is both a homage to the past while standing on its own as a unique, elegant statement.
Convenient and Intuitive Control
- The lens is designed to feel comfortable and intuitive in hand to fully support and not distract from the creative process. The tactile mechanics of the focus and control rings are fine-tuned for a smooth and satisfying experience. A simple push and pull of the focus ring changes from AF to MF mode, where intuitive scale marks keep focus distance and DOF clear at a glance. The control ring can be customized for quick access to preferred functions, making shooting more convenient and efficient.