The Nikon Total Digital SLR Imaging System includes world-renowned optical quality from Nikkor lenses. Ongoing research and development of Nikkor lenses allows Nikon to continuously provide Nikon digital SLR photographers with additional choices and even greater optical performance.
Nikon is pleased to add to the lineup the new AF-S DX-Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G VR, a lens featuring a built-in Silent Wave Motor and Vibration Reduction (VR). The AF-S DX-Nikkor 18- 55mm f3.5-5.6G VR is an affordable, and compact, 3x zoom lens with amazing versatility. This new lens provides enhanced shooting flexibility as the latest addition to the Nikon DX-Nikkor lens lineup.
Feature and Performance Highlights
- 3x zoom lens covering the most frequently used focal range of 18 to 55mm (picture angle is equivalent to focal length from 27 to 82.5mm in Nikon FX or 35mm format)
- Vibration Reduction enables sharper pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible (as determined by Nikon performance tests)
- Optical design, optimized for use with Nikon digital SLRs for superior performance
- Hybrid aspherical lens element minimizes various types of lens aberration
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- 0.28 meter/0.9 foot closest focusing distance throughout the entire zoom range
- Accepts 52mm filter attachments
- Comfortable lens barrel features rugged construction; separate zoom and focusing rings provide the smooth operation preferred by professionals
What's in the box: