Sony E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS Overview
Covering a useful range of telephoto focal lengths, the E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS from Sony is a 105-525mm-equivalent zoom for APS-C-format E-mount cameras. The long reach is suitable for sports, wildlife, and landscape shooting, and is benefitted by Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Also complementing handling is an XD Linear Motor that provides quick and quiet autofocus performance along with responsive manual focus control. In addition to refined handling and control, this 70-350mm lens is also characterized by its optical design, which includes one aspherical element and a trio of extra-low dispersion elements that reduce a variety of aberrations in order to realize sharp, clear imagery throughout the zoom range.
- Telephoto zoom 70-350mm lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 105-525mm equivalent focal length range.
- One aspherical element helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to accurately render scenes with a high degree of sharpness.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- An XD Linear Motor system provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings. Also, a zoom lock keeps the lens length fixed when not in use.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.