In the Box
not in the box
Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Overview
An especially sleek portrait-length prime, the 56mm f/1.4 DC DN is part of Sigma's Contemporary series of lenses, and is designed for use with APS-C-format L-mount mirrorless cameras. The lens is characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, which suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers improved control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques. The optical design utilizes two aspherical elements and one SLD element, which help to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting in order to achieve more contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optics is a stepping AF motor, which suits both photo and video applications due to its quick, precise, and near-silent performance.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for APS-C-format Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 84mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.