Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH I... Overview
A bright, normal-length lens, the Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 II ASPH. from Panasonic is a 50mm equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens affords notable control over depth of field and is also well-suited to working in low-light conditions. Its optical design incorporates one UHR element and a pair of aspherical elements to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion, and a Nano Surface Coating has also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast in harsh lighting. A stepping autofocus motor, along with an internal focus design, contributes to quick and quiet focusing performance for both photo and video applications. Additionally, this lens sports a dust- and splash-resistant construction to benefit working in inclement conditions.
- Normal-length prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 50mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables extensive control over focus placement for selective focus applications.
- One UHR element and a pair of aspherical elements help to achieve even illumination and sharpness for consistent performance throughout the aperture range.
- A Nano Surface Coating has been applied to individual elements to noticeably reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping AF motor, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, smooth, and near-silent focusing performance to benefit both stills and video use.
- Version II of this lens features a dust- and splash-resistant design to suit its use in trying weather conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.