The red Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera packs a full-featured interchangeable lens system into a sleek, compact magnesium alloy frame. It features a 16-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor to produce high-resolution images and Full HD 1080p video at 60 fps. The camera introduces a high-resolution electronic viewfinder to the GM series, enabling confident shot composition in a variety of environments. An integrated hot shoe is featured for using the included external flash unit, as well as other optional flashes. Built-in wireless capabilities enable the GM5 to be remotely controlled from a linked mobile device and also supports image transfer to devices using the Panasonic Image App.
A wide array of focusing technologies are implemented in the camera to ensure fast and accurate focusing. The smart Contrast AF system exchanges signals between camera and lens at a maximum of 240 fps (with compatible lenses); especially useful when using the camera's high-speed burst shooting at 5.8 fps in full 16MP resolution, and up to 40 fps in with the electronic shutter. You'll also find convenient focusing technologies such as Face/Eye Detection AF, Low Light AF for focusing in dimly-lit (-4 EV) conditions, and Focus Peaking when focusing manually.
Included with the GM5 is the versatile Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. lens; a standard zoom providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-64mm. Its retractable design meshes well with the small form-factor of the camera and the inclusion of MEGA O.I.S. image stabilization benefits working with longer shutter speeds and in low-light conditions.
16MP Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
A 16-megapixel Micro Four Thirds Digital Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor work together to produce high resolution imagery that exhibits a great deal of clarity, detail, and overall impressive image quality. The processing power affords heightened sensitivity to ISO 25600, with minimal noise for enhanced use in low-light conditions, as well as support for full HD 1080p video recording up to 60 fps.
The 1,166k-dot viewfinder lets you frame and capture shots even in bright sunlight. Based on the Adobe RGB color space, the viewfinder faithfully reproduces the primary colors for more true-to-life hues, allowing you to accurate judge the colors of your scene.
When lights and noise from your camera could be distracting to a performer or audience, you can active the Silent Mode. This mode switches the shutter from mechanical to electronic, turns off all sounds, and deactivates the AF assist lamp and flash.
- Fast, Accurate Autofocus, by exchanging digital signals between camera and lens at a maximum of 240 fps, the smart Contrast AF system is both fast and accurate. The GM5 also delivers high-speed burst shooting at 5.8 fps in 16-megapixel resolution, and a maximum of 40 fps with the electronic shutter.
- Eye Sensor AF, Image output between the viewfinder and rear monitor is automatically switched by an integrated eye sensor. This same sensor also accommodates the Eye Sensor AF, which starts auto-focusing automatically by simply looking into the LVF, helping prevent missed shooting opportunities.
- Low Light AF, Thanks to its low light AF ability, the camera is designed to focus on subjects in -4EV situations, such as shooting outdoors at night.
- Face/Eye Detection AF, In additional to conventional Face Recognition AF, the Face/Eye Detection AF automatically adjusts the focus precisely on a subject's face or eye.
- Pinpoint AF, This feature incrementally sets magnification from 3x to 10x in 0.1x steps. This is ideal for precision focusing on a desired part of your frame, such as a flower or the pupil of an eye.
Focus Peaking can be enabled to show highlight around the in-focus edges, a feature useful when manually focusing in photo or video modes. The feature is also available in remote shooting when using a smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connectivity lets you easily share images using the Panasonic Image App. By simply scanning the QR code displayed on the camera monitor with a smartphone or tablet, it also lets you use your mobile device as a remote controller for the camera. Additionally, a new Time function is ideal for sharing slow-shutter images like fireworks and nightscapes. Sharing while browsing is also made quicker, thanks to direct uploading capability.
Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens
Included with the GM5 is the standard zoom Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. lens, which covers a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-64mm. The retractable design maintains a sleek, compact profile that complements the GM5. Three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element are incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range while also contributing to high overall sharpness. Multi-coated lens elements also benefit the image quality through the reduction of lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich and color-neutral photos and videos. MEGA O.I.S. image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake to support working in low lighting and with longer shutter speeds, while support for the contrast-detection sensor drive at max. 240 fps focusing system enables quick and precise AF performance.
- External flash hot shoe enables the use of the included flash, which features a guide number of 23' at ISO 100
- Durable magnesium alloy body
- Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, Sunshine
- Photo Style: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Language support: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese (Traditional)