Comparable in size to the original X-T1 and 50g lighter than its predecessor, X-T5 features the latest high-resolution, 40-megapixel X-Trans 5 HR sensor for simply stunning results. Quick and easy to use thanks to its classic, dial-based layout, the camera features cutting-edge technology to produce stunning results. This includes a seven-stop in-body image stabilization system, Pixel Shift Multi-Shot mode for 160-megapixel files, three-way tilting LCD with 1.84 million pixels and action-freezing shutter speeds up to 1/180,000 sec from the electronic shutter. In addition to its versatile suite of stills capabilities, X-T5 is also a highly capable moviemaking machine, recording up to 6.2K in 4:2:2 10-bit color internally – or 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW via HDMI.
FUJIFILM X-T5 FEATURES:
Big resolution, compact dimensions
- Offering the ultimate image quality, X-T5 features the class-leading, 40.2-megapixel X-Trans 5 HR CMOS sensor in a compact, lightweight body that maximizes functionality and portability. Imaging performance is in no way compromised by the camera’s diminutive proportions. Instead, X-T5’s improved image processing algorithm delivers outstanding results, packed with detail right across the native ISO range, which now extends to ISO 125. The classic X Series design has been retained. Dials predominate, making key functions – including ISO, shutter speed and exposure compensation – quick and easy to set, even with the camera switched off. X-T5 is also comparable in size to the original X-T1, and 50g lighter than X-T4. Despite this notable weight reduction, the XT5 offers a new, 1.84 million dot, three-way tilting LCD and powerful in-body image stabilization.
Long-lasting image making power
- X-T5 provides powerful image making performance to ensure it’s ready for action, no matter how fast your subject is moving. A top electronic shutter speed of 1/180,000 sec and maximum mechanical shutter speed of 1/8000 sec will stop any subject in its tracks, while a lag time of just 35 ms gives almost instantaneous response when the shutter release is pressed. Keep a finger down, and X-T5 will record images at up to 15fps with the mechanical shutter, or 20fps with the electronic shutter. Either way, no important moment will be missed. Of course, when the decisive moment hits, you'll have our legendary color science and hugely popular selection of Film Simulations which digitize some of the industry’s most iconic films and puts them right at your fingertips. X-T5 adds the Nostalgic Negative Film Simulation, making it easier than ever to create images straight out of camera. For those who like to stay out in the field longer, X-T5 offers extended performance from the NP-W235 battery. Up to 740 frames can be recorded from a single charge, plus the mechanical shutter provides an estimated 500,000 actuations, delivering long-term accuracy and reliability.
Create with confidence
- Thanks to X-T5’s in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system, quality-sapping camera shake will be a thing of the past – even in low-light conditions. The system works in five axes, combatting all types of camera movement, and provides up to seven stops of compensation to unlock limitless opportunities. IBIS works in harmony with the camera’s subject detection autofocus, which uses deep-learning AI to expertly track animals, birds, cars, motorcycles, planes and trains. Tracking moving subjects is made easier by the detailed electronic viewfinder (EVF), which uses 3.69 million dots to provide a bright, vibrant display. The EVF offers 0.8x magnification for an easy-to-view image that’s further enhanced by improved suppression of parallax and distortion compared to its predecessor. The 100fps refresh rate, meanwhile, allows virtually blackout-free image making.
Incredible detail when you need it
- Following in the footsteps of X-H2, find the stunning Pixel Shift Multi-Shot mode in X-T5, delivering detailed files like never before. The feature utilizes the camera’s IBIS system to precisely shift the sensor, automatically recording 20 separate frames with one press of the shutter release. Resulting files are combined using Pixel Shift Combiner software to quadruple the camera’s resolution and produce a detail-rich, 160-megapixel file. Perfect for commercial applications or digital archiving, it’s also ideal for any static subject where image quality is of primary importance.
Not just a stills camera
- X-T5’s capabilities are enhanced by its powerful video functions, which complement the camera’s impressive stills performance. Movies can be recorded internally at up to 6.2K/30p in 4:2:2 10-bit color, plus there’s a 4K HQ mode which oversamples 6.2K footage for superior 4K output. Both F-Log and F-Log2 recording are possible, the latter providing expanded dynamic range of 13+ stops, plus 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW can be output via HDMI, to Atomos and Blackmagic devices accordingly.