In the Box
- Pentax HD Pentax-FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (Silver)
- Pentax O-LW65A Lens Cap for HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm f/2.8-4 Limited DC WR Lens (Silver)
- Pentax Rear Lens Cap (B) for Bayonet Mount Lenses
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Not in the Box
Pentax HD FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited Overview
Based on the FA Limited Lens series, renowned for their meticulous attention in every detail, the HD Pentax-FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited lens from Pentax is a wide angle prime well-suited for everyday shooting applications. Its bright f/1.8 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. A nine-blade rounded diaphragm also contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality. This lens features a PENTAX high-grade HD coating for exceptional image rendition, which controls ghosting and flare to realize high contrast imagery with accurate, neutral color balance, plus protective SP coating on the front lens surface to repel dust, stains, and debris. The barrel, hood, and cap are all made of high-grade aluminum, meticulously machined for an attractive appearance and beautiful texture, and the lens barrel features a mount pointer made of Shippoyaki enamel ware.
- Wide-angle 31mm lens is designed for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 46.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- PENTAX High-grade HD multi-coating coating helps to greatly reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- SP (Super Protect) coating is applied to the front lens surface to repel dust and stains.
- Compact form factor results in a sleek and extremely portable design well-suited for everyday shooting.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth, circular bokeh quality.