Ultimate Image Quality. Full Cinematic Experience.
The D800E is a specialized product designed with one thing in mind, pure definition. The D800E incorporates an optical low pass filter (OLPF) without anti-aliasing properties to facilitate the sharpest images possible and is a great option for RAW shooters who are in a position to control light, distance and their subject to the degree where they can mitigate the risk of moiré and any false color.
• Extreme resolution 36.3-megapixel FX-format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS sensor. Large 4.88µm pixels capture astonishing detail and subtleties with outstanding dynamic range for demanding wedding, landscape, fashion/commercial and video applications.
• Full 1080p HD broadcast quality video and minimized rolling shutter. Create true cinematic experiences using Full 1080p video at 30 or 24fps in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format. D800’s massive 36.3MP sensor combined with B-frame data compression delivers high quality video in a lighter file ensuring unmatched moving image integrity at up to 29min/59sec (normal quality) at a time. Fast sensor readout enables reduced rolling shutter – especially useful during panning sequences.
• View simultaneous Live View output on external monitors and record uncompressed video via HDMI terminal. Check video recording on the camera’s LCD and external monitor simultaneously and when the highest possible image quality is required you can bypass CF or SD storage media and record uncompressed 1080p footage directly from the image sensor onto an external storage device.
• Multi-Area Full HD D-Movie Video Recording Mode. Designed to help filmmakers, multi-media professionals and event photographers realize their creative vision, recording on either FX or DX-format at Full HD 1080p at 30/24p and 16:9 is now possible.
• Comprehensive high fidelity audio recording and playback control. Built-in external stereo microphone input allows for recording crystal clear sound using the optional ME-1 Stereo Microphone and can be precisely controlled in 20 incremental steps. Check audio in isolation as you record using headphones directly connected to the camera. Preview adjustments before or during Live View recording.
• 91,000-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering III with Advanced Scene Recognition System Face detection using the optical viewfinder and detailed scene analysis using the 91K RGB sensor enables superior auto exposure, auto white balance detection, AF performance and i-TTL flash exposure.
• Nikon EXPEED 3 image processing technologies. EXPEED 3 extends and assures breathtakingly rich image fidelity and reduces noise, even at high ISO’s.
• Low noise ISO sensitivity from 100 to 6400. Added ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 50 equivalent), Hi-1 (ISO 12,800 equivalent) and Hi-2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent) extend versatility.
• Fast, accurate 51-point AF system AF system features 4 Dynamic AF modes, including 3D Focus Tracking, for autofocus precision and razor sharpness.
• 3.2-inch super-sharp 921,000-dot LCD monitor with automatic monitor brightness control. Ambient brightness sensor automatically adjusts LCD visibility according to environment for bright, crisp image playback, menu adjustment and Live View shooting. Enlarge images up to 46x to make on the spot focus confirmation – crucial for high resolution shooting.
• Two Live View shooting modes. Photography Live View and Movie Live View modes add flexibility; exposure, white balance, histogram, focus mode, AF area mode and focusing accuracy are easily confirmed.
• Expand Dynamic Range using built-in HDR. Combines two exposures at up to 3EV to create a single image revealing an extremely wide dynamic range, but with less noise and richer color gradation than ever before.
• Dedicated Nikon Picture Control Button. Convenient Picture control button provides six preset options: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Landscape and Portrait for stills and video while 9 customizable settings provide advanced, personalized color control.
• Continuous shooting at up to 4 fps at full FX-format resolution. Commercial image quality teams with speed and handling to create new shooting possibilities—in the studio or on location. Shoot DX-format images up to 6 fps using the optional MB-D12 Multi Power Battery Pack and batteries other than the EN-EL15.
• Rugged, durable and precise magnesium-alloy construction. Effectively protected from invasive dust, moisture and tested to exceed 200,000 cycles.
• High speed CF and SD dual memory card slots. CF cards compatible with UDMA6 as well as UDMA7. For SD cards, SDXC and UHS-1 are supported.
• Two axis Virtual Horizon graphic indicator. Use either LCD monitor or viewfinder to check if camera is level; horizontally or with forward or rear rotation.
• Up to 900* images and 60 minutes of HD Video per battery charge.