The Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens is an 18MP APS-C format DSLR camera with a DIGIC 4 image processor. It is paired with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens, giving you a range of wide-angle to short telephoto focal lengths.
The combination of the T5's CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor provide high clarity, a wide tonal range, and natural color reproduction. With an ISO range of 100-6400 (expandable to 12800), you can shoot in low-light situations, reducing the need for a tripod or a flash. The nine-point autofocus system includes one center cross-type AF point to deliver accurate focus in both landscape and portrait orientations.
You can capture Full HD 1080p video by way of the T5's dedicated Live View/Movie Recording button, at 30, 25, or 24 fps. Additionally, the camera can also record HD video in 720p at 60 and 50 fps, and 480p at 30 and 35 fps.
The 3" rear LCD screen has 460,000 pixels, and a 170° viewing angle, making it ideal for menu navigation, composing in Live View, and reviewing or sharing your photos and videos.
The Rebel T5 is compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses, and is paired here with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens. This lens offers wide-angle to standard focal lengths, with a 35mm equivalency of 29-88mm. It is a versatile lens that can focus as close as 9.8".
The lens features Canon's Optical Image Stabilization technology, which provides up to four stops of compensation for image blur caused by camera shake and slow shutter speeds. This helps to get clear, crisp images, even in low light situations. Aberrations are minimized thanks to an aspherical lens element, and a circular aperture renders pleasing out-of-focus areas.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- High resolution, low-noise imaging, and fast performance speed, including 3 fps continuous shooting, is provided by the combination of the Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor and 18MP CMOS sensor.
- Full HD Video
- Choose between 1080p, 720p, and 480p HD video, with various fps options. The T5 also has a Video Snapshot feature that captures short clips of 2, 4, or 8 seconds, and combines them into a video highlights clip.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode analyzes images, and chooses the correct exposure and enhancements to optimize the scene in your photo.
- Feature Guide
- The Feature Guide displays simple descriptions of various modes and functions. It is helpful when trying to determine what mode or function to use in your current situation.
- 3.0 fps Continuous Shooting
- Shoot 3.0 frames per second for approximately 69 JPEGs or 6 RAW files.
- 9-Point AF System and AI Servo AF
- The 9-point AF system uses both normal and high-precision focus, depending on the aperture and available light in any given situation. An AI Servo AF system maintains consistent focus when shooting moving subjects.
- Creative Filters
- Choose from 5 creative filters to alter your images: Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, and Toy Camera Effect.
- Shooting Modes
- There are 8 Basic Zone modes to choose when shooting:
- Scene Intelligent Auto (program AE, non-shiftable)
- Flash Off
- Creative Auto
- Night Portrait
- Basic+ and Creative Auto
- Basic+ allows you to change the ambiance or scene type, while Creative Auto displays shooting guides on the LCD screen explaining how to make changes to exposure, tone, sharpness, and more.
- GPS Compatible
- With the use of an optional GP-E2 GPS Receiver attached to the hot shoe or digital terminal, the T5 can record your location, latitude, longitude, and altitude. An electronic compass will record your camera's orientation during each shot, and world time information is also recorded through GPS syncing.