The Airport Advantage Plus from Think Tank is a rolling camera case that is designed to meet the carry-on requirements for most international and US airlines while maximizing capacity and minimizing weight. To better accommodate and organize the transport of apparel as well as shoes or personal items along with camera equipment, a removable, zippered garment pouch is provided. When in use, it can fit snugly against the top of the Airport Advantage Plus and occupies approximately half of the rolling case's main compartment.
The large, main compartment and its adjustable dividers can hold a complete kit for most photographers. When used as a dedicated camera case, the Airport Advantage Plus can hold an unattached 200-400mm f/4 lens, five to seven smaller lenses, flashes, accessories, and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies. Users of mirrorless camera systems can fit at least the same number of lenses along with a camera, plus a flash and back-up camera.
On the exterior of the rolling case is a stretchable pocket that is partitioned for a 10" tablet computer and 17" laptop within a protective sleeve. Alternatively, that pocket can be used to hold a separately available medium-sized Eagle Creek Garment Folder, which are designed to efficiently store eight to twelve shirts or pants. A large flap with touch-tab closure covers the stretchable pocket, while a tripod pocket and accessory straps allows camera supports to be conveniently strapped to the side.
Aside from being able to comfortably hold photo gear and clothing, plus a laptop and tablet, the interior of the main compartment lid features two, zippered mesh organizer pockets for easy storage of pens, business cards, as well as small electronics. Three handles are included for flexibility while transporting or moving the rolling case, a four-stage telescoping top handle, a non-telescoping top handle, and a side handle that makes it easier to pick up and place the Airport Advantage Plus into airplane overhead bins or into car trunks.
For security, the main compartment's two adjoining zipper pull tabs feature shackle holes. During travel, a separately available TSA-accepted lock can be used to secure the two pull tabs together, preventing their sliders from being able to open the zipper chain, keeping items within the Airport Advantage Plus secure.
Nylon construction throughout the rolling case and a polyurethane-coated underside provide a high degree of weather resistance and overall durability, which is further complemented by wheel housings that help protect the corners of the Airport Advantage Plus from impacts to escalators and curbs. A seam-sealed rain cover is included for even more protection from the elements should the need arise, and if they wear out over time, the wheels are user-replaceable.
- Main compartment fits up to a 200-400mm f/4 lens (unattached), additional smaller lenses, flashes, accessories, up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies; or an equivalent mirrorless camera system
- Removable, zippered garment pouch is provided to better accommodate and organize the transport of apparel as well as shoes or personal items along with camera equipment
- Stretchable external pocket with touch-tab flap closure can accommodate a 10" tablet computer and 17" laptop within a protective sleeve, or a separately available medium-sized Eagle Creek Garment Folder that efficiently stores eight to twelve shirts or pants
- Meets international and US carry-on size requirements for most airlines
- Four-stage telescoping handle
- Non-telescoping top handle and side handle
- Main compartment lid interior with zippered mesh organizer pockets for easy storage of pens, business cards, as well as small electronics
- Main compartment's two adjoining zipper pull tabs each feature shackle holes, allowing a separately available TSA-accepted lock to keep items within the rolling case secure
- Exterior business card holder for easy identification