The CamRanger Wireless Transmitter for Select Canon and Nikon DSLR Cameras from CamRangerallows you to wirelessly control your digital SLR and view and share images via your mobile device. Remotely access advanced features, functions and settings, such as live view, intervalometer, bulb mode for shutter, and HDR bracketing, in addition to photo capture, movie recording, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, ISO, metering mode, drive/shooting mode, image format, focus mode (Nikon only), focus stacking, auto exposure mode (Nikon only), exposure compensation, bracketing and software autofocus toggle.
The CamRanger creates an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network to which an iOS or Android device or a Mac or Windows computer can connect. The free CamRanger iOS app then enables camera control without the need for a computer or existing Internet connection. The effective wireless range is 150'. The device is compatible with iOS 4.3 or later.
The provided USB cable charges the included rechargeable, replaceable lithium-ion battery and can also be used to power the device. Also supplied is an Ethernet cable for firmware upgrades. A protective case is included for storage and secure connection to a tripod, belt loop or other attachment point.
- Live View
- Stream live view images from the camera to your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch (iOS 4.3 or later), Android device (Android 3.2 or later) or Mac OS 10.7/10.8 or Windows 7/8 computer. Double-tap screen to increase magnification. With the touch focus feature, you can tap once to focus on an area or make incremental focus adjustments. Additionally, perform focus stacking. Approximate frame rate is 8-18 fps, depending upon camera
- Take and View Pictures
- Wirelessly capture images in multiple drive modes. Thumbnails automatically appear on the top of your device's screen after you capture a photo. Tap a thumbnail to view the image and its histogram and associated meta-data. Images are saved to your camera's memory card and can also be transferred to your iOS device
- View Full Resolution
- Double-tap an image to view it in full resolution. CamRanger supports full-screen mode to maximize image size. Toggle among a variety of overlays, including AF points, highlight, shadow, grid lines and aspect ratio
- Movie Recording
- Start and stop video capture and view it while you record. Perform focus adjustments and touch focusing
- Intervalometer and Bulb
- Configure the CamRanger as an intervalometer to take time-lapse pictures. Bulb mode is supported for specific shutter speeds. There's no need for the iOS device to remain connected after the initial setup
- Wirelessly View and Set Camera Properties
- Control shutter speed, aperture, ISO, metering mode, metering mode, drive/shooting mode, image format, focus mode (Nikon only), auto exposure mode (Nikon only), exposure compensation and bracketing, and software autofocus toggle for switching between AF and MF.
- HDR / Advanced Bracketing
- Configure the CamRanger to capture a series of photos, automatically varying shutter speed, aperture or ISO. Images can then be combined via third-party post-processing software into a single exposure with greater dynamic range
- View Memory Card Contents
- See thumbnails of the images stored on your camera's memory card. Select photos to be permanently deleted or download them and save them in the iOS photo library
- Macro Photography and Focus Stacking
- Great for macro work, when the extremely short focusing distance can increase the effects of camera shake; eliminate blur in your close-ups by remotely triggering the camera's shutter, rather than pressing the shutter button. Also makes it easier to physically shoot in the awkward locations in which you commonly find yourself during macro shooting. Additionally, you can perform focus stacking to enhance depth of field (post-processing required). Focus stacking is bracketed focusing similar to HDR but designed for focal planes
- Studio Photography / Client Mode
- Switch to client mode to disable camera control on the iOS device. Shoot while holding the camera and simultaneously view images on your iOS device. This allows clients, directors and associates to quickly view the wirelessly-transferred shots after they're captured. The CamRanger application also includes optional watermarks for viewing or saving on the image. Additionally, there is a rating system and comparison feature for the clients during the photo shoot. When working on a Mac or Windows computer, you can instantly import and view images in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom as you shoot them