The Gitzo GT0541 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
The GT0541 is ideal for use with DSLRs with standard zoom lenses, compact cameras, or MiniDV camcorders.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- G-Lock Design
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Redesigned Upper Discs & Bolts
- This tripod features completely redesigned upper discs and bolts. The discs, which are composed of aluminum, feature a safe lock material that reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The improved high-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted, and makes controlling the tread length stress-free. The redesigned bolts are also corrosion and oxidation resistant.
- Ground-Level Set
- This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Performance Design
- Performance design allows the legs to be set individually at 24°, 55° and 90° to cover every angle you want to shoot.
- Redesigned built-in, slef-locking spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.
- Rapid Column
- Rapid center column, with locking collar, for improved stability.