Sporting a colorful and playful exterior, the LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi special edition of the Leica Sofort is a distinct instant film camera with a bright personality. Compared to the standard editions of the Sofort, this special edition employs Jean Pigozzi's recognizable design from his clothing line and also bundles the camera with a matching Artisan & Artist shoulder strap and two 10-sheet packs of Sofort Color Instant Film.
The Sofort is a different style of camera for Leica, but offers the same high-end look and feel that we have come to expect from the high-end German company and which separates it from other instant film offerings. This model works with a selection of instax mini format film, including color and monochrome offerings from Leica that sport a natural Warm White border. Also, it is equipped with a capable Automatik-Hektor 60mm f/12.7 lens-equivalent to 34mm in full-frame terms-with a three-zone manual focus selector that will give photographers more control over the image's final appearance.
For operation, the Leica Sofort offers a compact body with clean, intuitive buttons for navigating settings. There is also a 0.37x optical viewfinder with target spot and macro parallax compensation for accurately composing your images. Multiple automatic shooting modes further the camera's ease-of-use and when set to Macro it can focus down to 11.8". The Sofort has been optimized for available light photography as well with a mechanical shutter with speeds as long as 1/8 second and a built-in flash with a later firing speed that results in a more natural look.
Users looking for more control over their photos can use an exposure compensation setting which can be set to -0.7 or +0.7 EV and a self-timer with 2 or 10 second delay can be set. The Sofort can be set up on a tripod thanks to an integrated 1/4"-20 thread on its base. Strap lugs make it easy to attach a strap and carry around all day. It uses a rechargeable Li-ion battery pack that should provide enough power for about 100 shots before needing to be recharged.
LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi Special Edition
The first special edition of the Leica Sofort, the LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi features re-designed front and rear panels that have been embellished with the vibrant and playful graphics of Mr. Limo, the logo that Jean Pigozzi, photographer, entrepreneur, and art collector, uses for his LimoLand fashion label. With a focus on color and playfulness, this camera is further complemented by a matching Easy Slider "icon Strap" shoulder strap from Artisan & Artist. This bright red nylon shoulder strap has a Mr. Limo embellishment on it and has an adjustable design. Additionally, this kit also includes two 10-sheet packs of Leica Sofort Color Instant Film.
- Created by Leica as a fun, intuitive camera, the Sofort features a colorful square profile that both looks good and is easy to use
- Accepts instax mini format film packs, including Leica Color and Monochrom options with a natural warm white border
- Utilizes an Automatik-Hektor 60mm f/12.7 lens equivalent to 34mm in full-frame terms
- Three-zone manual focus system with macro setting that permits focusing down to 11.8"
- 0.37x optical viewfinder with target spot and macro parallax compensation
- Mechanical shutter with speeds of 1/8 to 1/400 second
- Shooting modes including Automatic, Self-Portrait, People & Part, Action & Sport, Bulb, Macro, Self-Timer, and Double Exposure
- Self-timer can be set to 2 or 10 seconds
- Exposure compensation settings of -0.7, 0.0, and +0.7 EV
- Automatic metering range of 5-15.5 LV at ISO 800
- Powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery pack (3.7V, 740mAh) that can take about 100 picture on a single charge
- Integrated tripod socket and strap lugs