Reach out farther than ever before and embrace handheld long range photography with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens from Olympus. Relatively compact for its 600mm equivalent focal length, the Micro Four Thirds optic is able to go more places easier, and thanks to integrated optical stabilization, good for 4 stops of shutter speed, handheld imaging is capable of producing tack sharp photographs. This in-lens system also works in tandem with the in-body stabilization of select MFT cameras to create the 5-axis sync IS method, which further improves handheld shooting by compensating for up to 6 stops of camera shake.
Boasting the best-ever image quality from Olympus, the 300mm is packed with specialized elements that helps produce sharp, aberration free images. This, supported by three Super ED lenses that eliminate peripheral chromatic aberration along with three High Refractive index lenses and one Extra-High Refractive index lens, grants maximum sharpness. Alongside this construction is the use of the Z Coating Nano, which dramatically reduces instances of ghosting and flares.
Focusing is made for capturing fast subject matter with a movie-still compatible High-Speed Imager AF system that is near silent for use in stills and video capture. Further benefitting this is a close minimum focus distance of just 4.6', excellent for a 600mm equivalent focal length. This can be further improved with the use of the MC-14 teleconverter, which multiplies the focal length by 1.4x without increasing the focus distance. The teleconverter also provides extra reach by creating an 840mm equivalent focal length.
Durability is key for such a demanding piece of glass and that starts with 17 seals to prevent the ingress of dust and water. The lens is designed to handle cold weather as well and will work at temperatures as low as 14°F. Manual focus is available by simply pulling the focus ring towards you and enables fast switching between MF and AF. Also, an L-Fn button can be programmed with one of up to 27 different functions and the side of the lens barrel has Focus Limit and IS switches. Additionally, the lens has retractable hood as well as a tripod collar that is Arca-type compatible and has a removable base plate for quick release. Additionally, the lens includes a screw-on hood, a decoration ring, and dedicated soft case.
- Compact, lightweight 600mm equivalent f/4 lens for Micro Four Thirds system
- In-lens image stabilization compensates for 4 stops of camera shake
- Three Super ED lenses reduce peripheral chromatic aberrations
- Three HR and one E-HR elements ensures a compact size while correcting for curvature and spherical aberrations
- ZERO and Z Coating Nano minimize flare, ghosting, and reflections
- Lens IS and in-body stabilization of select MFT cameras, such as the E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II, offers sync IS technology to provide an astounding 6 stops of shake compensation
- Close focusing distance of 4.6'
- Compatible with MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter to provide 420mm focal length, equivalent to 840mm in 35mm format
- Manual focus clutch for fast switching between AF and MF modes
- L-Fn button can be programmed with any of 27 functions
- Compatible with OM-D Silent Shutter setting for discreet telephoto shooting
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design
- Supplied decoration ring can be used in place of tripod collar to maintain clean, svelte form factor for dedicated handheld shooting