Take your smartphone photography to the next level with Olympus' white Air A01 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Lens-Style Digital Camera Body, a compact, smartphone-mountable unit that features a Micro Four Thirds lens mount and the ability to connect to your mobile device over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Users can capture high quality images with the power of a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and the TruePic VII image processor while harnessing the connected nature of their smartphones. Also, as a part of the Micro Four Thirds system, it is completely compatible with all lenses designed for MFT and can accept adapters to expand your options.
This camera offers excellent imaging capabilities with an electronic shutter capable of speeds up to 1/16000 second and a FAST AF (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) system with 81 areas for accurate focusing in all conditions. Also, it can record full size images at a continuous rate of 10 fps for up to 23 frames. Video is featured as well in Full HD 1080p at up to 30 fps. Additionally it saves images and video to microSD cards and has a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Maximizing the camera's potential is the OA Central app for iOS and Android devices which also walks users through the connection process. Once connected, users will be able to access live view for composing images and changing settings as well as save their images and upload them directly to a cloud service such as Amazon. This app also has multiple shooting functions including iAuto, Art Filter, ColorCreator, Photostory, Clips, and Genius.
Micro Four Thirds System & Open Platform
With the standard Micro Four Thirds lens mount, the Air A01 can accept a variety of lenses from numerous manufacturers who comply with the standard. This mount type also works with many adapters to further expand lens compatibility.
The camera is also open platform, enabling other applications and uses to be developed later on.
Standalone Operation & Smartphone Pairing
The extremely compact body has two modes of operation: standalone or paired with a mobile device. Standalone operation is simple and the body features a large shutter release for taking photographs. Pairing with a compatible smart device enables the camera's full suite of features and it can be easily attached to the phone or used at odd-angles and positions remotely.
16 MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
The Olympus Air A01 uses a 16-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor offering improved performance and exceptional clarity and speed in all aspects of image capture. Olympus' TruePic VII image-processing engine improves image quality in low-light environments. The camera's sensor allows for a maximum ISO of 12800, and the dynamic range has been expanded for more faithful color reproduction. This setup also enables the electronic shutter to reach speeds of 1/16000 second and to hit continuous shooting rates of up to 10 fps.
FAST AF System
Benefitting the quickened shooting performance of the Air, a contrast-detection focusing method employs 81 AF areas to quickly and accurately acquire focus. Aptly named, FAST is able to home in on subjects using single-shot with specialized settings for face detection and eye detection.
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
In addition to standard stills shooting, the Air A01 can record full HD 1080p video at up to 30 fps. It will save this directly to the microSD card for later playback. Digital image stabilization is also available to smooth out shaky handheld footage. Additionally, it can record for up to 29 minutes at a time.
Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
Allowing you to connect to your smartphone in the best and most convenient manner, the Air A01 features both Wi-Fi and Low Energy Bluetooth connectivity built-in. This allows for the transfer of images and the communication of settings and Live View image between the camera and the phone.
Olympus OA Central App
This app is available for iOS and Android devices and enables the full potential of the Air A01 with a host of features:
- Initial setup instructions.
- General shooting and playback operations.
- Direct to Cloud Upload including Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Art Filter enables 14 filter options and 9 effects for creating unique imagery.
- ColorCreator allows for fine control over color, saturation, and brightness using a Color Ring and Tone Curve interface.
- Photostory lets users combine multiple viewpoints to a single scene with 4 different options.
- Clips takes multiple short movies and links them together as well as giving users the ability to add effects and background music to create a single movie.
- Genius applies the optimal framing, color, brightness, effect, and combination for the subject automatically and generates 6 different versions of the photo.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery is rated for up to 320 shots on a single charge.
- Accepts microSD cards for on-board storage.
- Auto, Sunny, Shadow, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, and Underwater WB settings.
- Picture Modes: iAuto, i-FINISH, Vivid, Flat, Portrait, Monotone, e-Portrait.
- Micro-USB connection for charging and transferring data.
- Multi-Aspect Ratio settings for 4:3, 4:2, 16:9, and 1:1.