The dark olive Scope Porter 200 AW Backpack from Lowepro is a pack of choice for birder's and wildlife enthusiasts. Its unique design make it perfect for those long treks through the woods when you are looking for that elusive species of bird and need to deploy your scope quickly and efficiently without the hassle of having to stop, unpack everything, connect the scope to your tripod and hope that the bird is still cooperating by sitting on that branch.
The "wow" factor of this pack is that you can carry your tripod attached to your scope while walking. When you want to stop and observe, just remove the scope/tripod from the pack, set up and watch. It's fast and maximizes your chances of capturing that rare glimpse of the prey you've been seeking.
In addition to the scope, the bag is made to hold a camera, field guide, binoculars (up to 8 x 40) plus personal items such as a water bottle neatly held in the front mesh pocket. Lowerpro understands that you get thirsty while out in the field and that, perhaps, one bottle of water just won't be enough so they have incorporated a hydration compartment on the side of the pack that will hold an optional 70 oz (2L) bladder - another field problem solved. Opposite from the bladder is an organizational pocket that holds binoculars, a small camera, keys, pen/pencil, field guides and other personal items. You also have additional exterior SlipLock Loops for attaching small quick-access items.
The pack is made from water-resistant nylon but is also supplied with a rapid access All-Weather cover that will encase everything including your tripod. Inside, there's more nylon where your gear remains safe from scratches since the material won't damage the gear's finish.
The carrying system is designed to be ultra-comfortable with its padded shoulder and waist belt. Nine adjustment points permit you to fit the pack to your own comfort. A built-in safety whistle attached to the chest strap can serve as a valuable security measure when walking through deep woods. Lowepro backs up the pack with its traditional limited lifetime warranty.
- Hands-free, protective and supportive way to carry a large-sized spotting scope and tripod in the field
- Carry your scope and tripod connected while you walk - Set it down, unzip the main compartment for on-the-spot, rapid observation; remove the scope-tripod from the pack and use the auxiliary tripod collar and Easy Clip to attach it to either shoulder strap
- Suspension system is designed with nine adjustment points, offering a custom and comfortable fit from the load-lifting straps at the top of the back to the stabilizing straps at the waist and hip
- Thick padded waist, shoulder straps and backpad
- Hydration compartment will hold a 70 oz (2L) bladder (not included)
- Organizational compartment provides multiple storage spaces for binoculars, a small camera, keys, pen/pencil, field guides and other personal items
- SlipLock Loops offer a chance to secure additional gear to the pack's exterior
- A safety whistle is attached to the chest strap for protection when hiking in the woods
- The All-Weather cover can be rapidly unraveled to provide additional protection to the pack - covers everything including tripod